This topic describes how to install the SQLite Persistence Manager on Windows for use with the Pivotal GemFire native client.
Pivotal GemFire Native Client has been tested with SQLite version 126.96.36.199.
The productDir directory refers to the native client product directory path.
The following libraries are required. The productDir\bin directory containing these libraries must be present in the Windows PATH environment variable, and that directory is added to PATH during the Pivotal GemFire product installation.
- The sqliteimpl.dll and GemStone.GemFire.Plugins.SQLite.dll files are provided in productDir\bin.
- For .NET C# native client application development, you need to obtain the System.Data.SQLite.dll SQLite library, as described below. The library can be copied to productDir\bin.
- For C++ native client application development, you need the SqLite3.dll SQLite Library. You create this library and make it available in the runtime linking path, or copied to productDir\bin, as described below.
Downloading Pre-built System.Data.SQLite.dll Binaries
- Access the System.Data.SQLite Download Page at the following URL: http://system.data.sqlite.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/downloads.wiki.
- Download the appropriate setup file
for your .NET Framework installation and hardware architecture.
- For 32-bit Windows, under Setups for 32-bit Windows (.NET Framework 4.0) download sqlite-netFx40-setup-x86-2010-188.8.131.52.exe.
- For 64-bit Windows, under Setups for 64-bit Windows (.NET Framework 4.0) download sqlite-netFx40-setup-x64-2010-184.108.40.206.exe.
- Execute the setup .exe file, and follow the prompts in the installation wizard. Accept all default installation options.
- Copy the C:\Program Files\System.Data.SQLite\2010\bin\System.Data.SQLite.dll file to your Pivotal GemFire Native Client distribution at productDir\bin.
Downloading, Building, and Installing the Library
If you are writing native client applications using the C++ caching API, you need to build the SQLite solution for your Windows platform architecture.
- Download the source code sqlite-autoconf-NNNNNNN.tar.gz file (where NNNNNNN corresponds to the version) for SQLite version 220.127.116.11 or later from http://www.sqlite.org/download.html.
- Extract the source code from the .tar.gz file. You may need to use CygWin or a Windows-compatible tar extraction tool.
- Using Visual Studio 2010, build the
SqLite_18.104.22.168 solution either as a release or debug build:
- If you are using 32-bit Windows, build the SqLite_22.214.171.124, use the win32 configuration.
- If you are using 64-bit Windows, build the SqLite_126.96.36.199, use the x64 configuration.
- From the built files, copy the SqLite3.dll file to your Pivotal GemFire Native Client distribution at productDir\bin.